Standing in a ¾ acre plot of picturesque landscaped gardens overlooking beautiful open farmland, only a stone’s throw away from Stanborough Lakes and located just off the A1(M).
As you step through the front door a warm welcome awaits from our friendly and dedicated care team.
We provide 23 furnished bedrooms, 2 of which are doubles. Each bedroom has an ensuite. You are welcome to personalise your room to create your very own home from home living space.
Friends and family are welcome to visit at any time and are invited to attend all our different events throughout the year.
Our beautiful open plan dining area provides the perfect place for socialising with new friends and enjoying the culinary delights from our excellent chef.
Our communal areas offer a relaxing environment where residents can participate in a variety of activities organised by our lovely Activity Co-Ordinator. All residents are issued a timetable of activities throughout the week including arts and crafts, brain training, games and quiz’s, beauty therapy, baking and music sessions. Once a month we have a church service here led by our local church. Our hairdresser is also available every week for an additional charge.
Large Country Garden
Our Conservatory provides a quiet space for residents to read in a peaceful setting whilst enjoying views of our beautiful country garden. Our large garden is on a corner plot so provides plenty of space to relax during the warmer months and stroll along the pathways to view the everchanging flowerbeds.
- Residential care is provided for people who can no longer live at home, even with the support from home care services.
- There is a variety of reasons for needing this type of support. It can help you to continue to live safely, whilst giving family members the peace of mind that you are in a supportive environment.
- Our care home provides a warm, friendly and safe environment with support of all daily tasks such as cooking and laundry. Stanborough Lodge has a welcoming atmosphere where residents can take part in a whole range of activities, enjoy good meals and make new friends
- Our staff are all trained to understand the difficulties people with dementia may experience and will support you in a safe environment that promotes your well-being.
- We strongly believe that people living with dementia can still lead an active life and it is so important to encourage all our residents with dementia to partake in our Activity Programme. Research suggests that by keeping the minds and bodies of residents with dementia as active as possible the advancement of dementia can be delayed.
- Our care team are all trained to deliver support that is individual to the needs of each person. Our Activity Programme is designed to encourage reminiscence and structured to include all residents with dementia. We strongly believe with the right encouragement you can learn a new skill at any age!
- Caring for someone during the final days of their life requires specialist skills and understanding. We are committed to making sure that our end of life care respects and upholds a person’s dignity and we are here to support you throughout this extremely difficult time.
- We offer assistance with any arrangements that may need to be made to help our residents and their families feel as comfortable as possible. This may include providing information about the physical signs and changes a person may experience during the final stages of life and advise relatives how to best support their family member. We work very closely with residents and their families to provide the right practical support throughout. Above all our staff team have been trained to be sensitive and understanding to the needs of the resident and their family at all times.
- Short stay breaks and respite care is available to allow families or carers to have a rest from taking care of a loved one.
- This can be a good option to recover after a hospital stay or to experience what life is like in a care home environment. It gives people the opportunity to get involved with activities, spend time with friendly staff and have a change of scene.
- Short breaks are offered subject to availability.
- Residents normally use our General Practitioner. Residents are referred to Hospital Consultants as required. Whilst our care homes are not specifically registered as nursing homes, it is our policy that residents stay with us as long as they wish, even if their health declines.
- We provide a chiropody service that comes every six weeks (additional charge). Domiciliary Optician visits can also be arranged.
We have an extensive weekly Activity Programme that includes:
- Arts and Crafts
- Brain Training
- Giant Board Games
- Music Therapy
- Baking / Mocktail Making
- Flower Arranging
Residents also enjoy an annual trip in the summer to a local pub for a lovely two course meal. Residents also particularly enjoy a trip to a local garden centre and Christmas shopping trips. A summer barbecue for all residents, their families and staff is definitely a highlight of the year for everyone at Stanborough Lodge, with musical entertainment and activities laid on in the garden.
Another annual event is our special Christmas Dinner and Raffle for all residents and their families. This is arranged for the week before Christmas and really gets everybody in the Christmas spirit!